What's new

Is it possible to see the next surface pro with 8th generation intel cpu soon?

boatmeet

I'm interested to buy Surface Pro 2017(i5-7300u, 8GB RAM)

However, the 8th generation of intel i5-8250u has a wonderful performance compared to i5-7300u. So if the new one gonna release soon, i dont wanna buy worse performance. I thought the Surface Pro with LTE Advanced would have the new cpu unfortunately it was not.

Any idea about that?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No real information but I wouldn't expect an update before the one year anniversary of SP 2017. Then maybe they will play the waiting game for whatever is next from Intel but I think they got burned bad and probably won't. I think it's wiser to release ahead of the school buying season than waiting for later in Fall/Winter but MS isn't disposed to follow my advice. :D

OP
B

boatmeet

No real information but I wouldn't expect an update before the one year anniversary of SP 2017. Then maybe they will play the waiting game for whatever is next from Intel but I think they got burned bad and probably won't. I think it's wiser to release ahead of the school buying season than waiting for later in Fall/Winter but MS isn't disposed to follow my advice. :D
Thanks, i think i'm going to have it soon :)