What's new

Is it worth buying the new SP4 type cover to use on my SP3?

TheJokker

Better... A slight improvement in all the features. I really like having a one touch login with the fingerprint reader.

Wiidesire

I have the Type Cover in Cyan and it still looks like new. You just have to clean the back. I already got interests for ~70€, but couldn't sell because I haven't got the new Type cover yet.

Preordered the SP4 Type Cover in Black for 106€. So I'll pay around 40€ for the upgrade.

Got the new pen preordered for 46€ and sold my old one for 36€. 10€ upgrade.

Total upgrade cost of 50€.

zhenya

Are you guys finding the new Type Cover less "bouncy" than the old one when typing? Sometimes I would lay the type cover flat (unfolded) because it just felt too "bouncy" due to the gap. I'm hoping the additional travel depth on the new keys have would mitigate this.

It's better, but still flexes. The new keys seem to have better cushion though, so I find it much more acceptable to use when the keyboard is flat now.

unk11

Totally worth it. I got both pen and type cover and both are excellent upgrades. MS also has come up with a trade in program. Is anyone planning to trade their Sp3 for Sp4?

ChiGGz

Totally worth it. I got both pen and type cover and both are excellent upgrades. MS also has come up with a trade in program. Is anyone planning to trade their Sp3 for Sp4?

The trade-in value is horrible! They are offering something like $700 CND for an i7 512 SP3.

LiTtLe_DaFfOdIl

Hi Guys, I have just been on Web Chat with Microsoft UK to pre-order the Pro 4 Keyboard. They categorically tell me that it isn't compatible with the Pro 3!?!??!?!?!? I am assuming this is nonsense as you guys appear to be using it perfectly well with your Pro 3? I went ahead and ordered it, but they stated again it should only be used with the new Pro 4.

Best wishes,

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Guys, I have just been on Web Chat with Microsoft UK to pre-order the Pro 4 Keyboard. They categorically tell me that it isn't compatible with the Pro 3!?!??!?!?!? I am assuming this is nonsense as you guys appear to be using it perfectly well with your Pro 3? I went ahead and ordered it, but they stated again it should only be used with the new Pro 4.

Best wishes,

I don't have one yet but they even said in the Microsoft Launch event that it is backwards compatible with the SP3 so that is just rubbish.

I pre-ordered a sP4 typecover for my SP3 (hope to get it sometime late next week) and then had a chat with someone on the Microsoft store chat to ask about pen loops (as I will need one!) they didn't say anything about it being non-compatible so I think you just got the wrong person. I don't think all of the sales support people are actually that knowledgeable. I was chatting to a guy about the new lumia phones and he was having to look up info on the basic questions I asked, it was helpful in the end as he did get the right info but he didn't know it like I thought someone should really.

LiTtLe_DaFfOdIl

I don't have one yet but they even said in the Microsoft Launch event that it is backwards compatible with the SP3 so that is just rubbish.

I pre-ordered a sP4 typecover for my SP3 (hope to get it sometime late next week) and then had a chat with someone on the Microsoft store chat to ask about pen loops (as I will need one!) they didn't say anything about it being non-compatible so I think you just got the wrong person. I don't think all of the sales support people are actually that knowledgeable. I was chatting to a guy about the new lumia phones and he was having to look up info on the basic questions I asked, it was helpful in the end as he did get the right info but he didn't know it like I thought someone should really.

Thanks Moonsurface, You've put my mind at rest.

:)