What's new

Solved Is my email an EAS message

ozstar

Hi,

For some reason the My Store App has disappeared from my SP3 512.

I have not been able to see where I can get it back so I can check more apps.

In the process My SP3 told me to change my login to a MS account.

I had one on my desktop and for Skype etc so found the email I used with pad and after mobile pin got it going.

I now get a message is my Emaill an EAS ?

I have been getting my email down as pop3 okay and it syncs well with my sip and all my other devices which use the same protocol.

Hat is this EAS from? Do I need it, should I say Yes, No ? Will it do anything to mess up my current email setup ?

I do not like the way MS tries to get involved in everything I do and after all my troubles with our Skype account sign ins.. I am very wary of everything to do with them.

Can I get some advice about this EAS question please ?

Many thanks

Oz

malberttoo

Hi,

For some reason the My Store App has disappeared from my SP3 512.

I have not been able to see where I can get it back so I can check more apps.

In the process My SP3 told me to change my login to a MS account.

I had one on my desktop and for Skype etc so found the email I used with pad and after mobile pin got it going.

I now get a message is my Emaill an EAS ?

I have been getting my email down as pop3 okay and it syncs well with my sip and all my other devices which use the same protocol.

Hat is this EAS from? Do I need it, should I say Yes, No ? Will it do anything to mess up my current email setup ?

I do not like the way MS tries to get involved in everything I do and after all my troubles with our Skype account sign ins.. I am very wary of everything to do with them.

Can I get some advice about this EAS question please ?

Many thanks

Oz

Oz, EAS in this means Exchange Active Sync, which generally means "connecting to an Exchange email server". If you haven't been using Active Sync before now, then probably your email account is not the EAS variety.

OP
O

ozstar

Many thanks.. Yes that works...

I am now back to trying to get the Store app back on the SP.. any suggestions please ?

Oz

BillJ

The Windows Store app is integrated into Win 10. You might try one or both of the following:
a) reset the Store app by going to a command prompt as administrator, and run WSReset.exe (quick, easy)
b) perform a full reset of the OS (not so quick, a pain in the butt)