What's new

Is my keyboard and keypad supposed to be working in Presentation mode?

asmith76

Hi All: I've been getting mixed messages on whether my keypad and keyboard are supposed to be working when my monitor is turned facing outward (presentation mode).

Does anyone know if it's supposed to work? If the is yes, then anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @asmith76 . Welcome to the forum.

No, the keyboard and touch pad are not designed to function with the clipboard "reversed" and attached to the Surface Book base. I suppose you are wanting to control a presentation from the reversed keyboard? Some users have small Bluetooth keyboards or other remote units they use for this.

OP
A

asmith76

Thanks for the response, and yes, I discovered that the keyboard and touch pad don't work when I was trying to deliver a presentation. I asked MS Surface Support about this, and the response I received was, " We confirmed it and it should work, also our support engineers will post an update or answered the queries online that while surface book is in presentation mode, the keyboard and touch pad should work." It is all very strange. Most people I've spoken to on message boards seem to think that it's not supposed to work but MS Surface Support seems to think that it should. I am at a loss..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Support either doesn't understand the use case or are plain wrong. The Keyboard is disabled on all 2 and 1 devices when in any mode other than laptop.

OP
A

asmith76

Thank you. I've asked MS Support over and over again, and they keep telling me the opposite. I trust your response, however.