What's new

Is space storage on a computer really necessary anymore ?

B

B'midbar

One question about replacing the MicroSD card. CUrrently, I have a 64GB card in the SP3, which I want to replace with a 128GB card. I have my OneDrive files associated with it. When I remove the 64GB card, I will lose that. What is it that I am supposed to be doing when I insert a new card in the SP3 such that I have the same set up as before. I also think I moved the libraries to the SD card. Thanks inn advance.

Buy a USB adapter for the MicroSDHC if you don't already have one. Put your new 128GB card in the adapter and plug the adapter in. Copy everything from the old card to the new one. Remove the old card and swap in the new one. Right-click on 'My Computer' from Windows Explorer and select 'manage.' < You could just as easily type "computer management" from Start > Run to get there as well.

Under storage in the left frame of Computer Management select Disk Management. In Disk Management make sure your new card, now in the microSDHC slot, has the same drive letter designation as the old card did.

Everything should work just fine after that.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy a USB adapter for the MicroSDHC if you don't already have one. Put your new 128GB card in the adapter and plug the adapter in. Copy everything from the old card to the new one. Remove the old card and swap in the new one. Right-click on 'My Computer' from Windows Explorer and select 'manage.' < You could just as easily type "computer management" from Start > Run to get there as well.

Under storage in the left frame of Computer Management select Disk Management. In Disk Management make sure your new card, now in the microSDHC slot, has the same drive letter designation as the old card did.

Sounds like something I would do...

kristalsoldier

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.