What's new

Is the Microsoft Bluetooth Arc Mouse worth it?

Tsurugaya

Depends on how mobile you want to be, when close it is flat and take very little space in a slingbag, but when it comes to move a cursor sound on a screen there is no difference.

Michael M

I got one for my Surface 2 and loved it so much that I bought one for my desktop. When I got my Surface 3 and gave the 2 to my wife, her only stipulation was that she could have the mouse too. I guess you could say we like them. :)

FlySwatter

Not a fan of the scrolling feature on these personally. Love the engineering aspect of folding flat for storage, and for generally moving the mouse it's okay. I've become spoiled by Logitech's hyper-scrolling, and will only use a mouse featuring that hardware. Unfortunately, I don't think Logitech makes a travel size bluetooth mouse with hyper-scrolling any longer. Glad I have their last model. Still works like a charm (though is not BT 4 of course).

steelpastor

OK... new guy here. I have a SP3 i5/256 and really dig it. I have not had very good luck with BT mice, however. I use a Logitech MX and really like it. Does the Arc Surface Edition have forward/back button options? Kind of a deal-breaker for me.

I like the Arc design and hope that there is an option for forward/back.

Thank you.

BruceDTX

Don't mean to hijack the thread with another question...but it's somewhat related. I just got my SP3 this week and LOVE it so far. My only issue is I absolutely HATE typing on a keyboard with a touch pad. I screw up my typing all the time. UGH!! My laptop that I just sold had an option to disable the touchpad if a mouse was plugged in. I don't recall if that was a feature of the laptop itself or the mouse. But for you guys and gals that have the Arc mouse, can you disable the touchpad on the keyboard if your mouse is plugged in?

Thanks in advance