What's new

Is the SP2 coming again?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Closest thing to a SP2 Appears to be a Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 series
You can get it with i5 Y series, 4gb ram, 128gb storage, 10.8 screen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Surface MINI had the same 3:2 Aspect Ratio, used the same N-trig Digitizer and was a RT machine. RT is not dead as an ideal, it as predicted being merged with Windows Phone and x86 SST to create a Modern UI only version of Windows 10, preview is expected in late January to February.

The Rumored Surface 3 if it ships in time for the Holiday Shopping Season will be designed for Windows 10 in mind.

OP
P

ProOrNo

I would be happy to see a Surface 3.

I've been checking the opposition and the SP3 (if SP2 really have gone for ever) is starting to look reasonable. Lenovo offering a Yoga thing with base win8.1 and an Atom (?? DUH) for 700-bucks. By the time you add another hundred for Win8.1-Pro (I need Hyper-V) the SP3 is starting to look low cost. :)

Still think SP3 is too big though. Hell, played with an S-RT yesterday and it feels huge compared to my 8" Miix. But then, the Miix is too small as finger taps get really frustrating. Even using a fat capacitive stylus, not much better. I like/need that 10" base size, perfect for my daily use.

aceattack

Weird thing for me is that they have also stopped selling the keyboard and surface 2 pen. (at least i can't seem them in the online store anymore) Where are we going to get replacement accessories now? great job microsoft.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Weird thing for me is that they have also stopped selling the keyboard and surface 2 pen. (at least i can't seem them in the online store anymore) Where are we going to get replacement accessories now? great job microsoft.
Amazon.com and other retailers.