What's new

Is the Surface Pen nib slightly curved (SP4 pen)?

Ramirez

A clumsy friend of mine dropped my Surface Pen on the floor... Pens usually fall with the pointy end down.
I am wondering, how sturdy are these pens?

The pen did not work when I tried to touch the screen after the fall. I opened it and took the battery away and put the battery back. Then the Pen worked.

But from the view of the "penholder" thing (the thing where you put the pen on the cover type) the nib seems sligtly curved now. Are the nibs slighlty curved or dead on straight?

Just wondering if I should order a new pen or just extra nibs or if the pen is like this?

Edit: Can't anyway try to have a look on their nibs on their pens? I am bit worried here.

Last edited:

leeshor

Are you talking about the pen loop? If so, are you talking about a different SP?

No, my nib is not bent. It's easily replaced.

OP
R

Ramirez

Are you talking about the pen loop? If so, are you talking about a different SP?

No, my nib is not bent. It's easily replaced.

The tip of the pen for SP4. It is not bent but its like a slight curvature from right to left when looking at it from "the holder on the pen part" (don´t know how to explain.. maybe its called loop).

Does it have kind of right to left curvature (the nib)? It is not like bent.

leeshor

Just looked at mine under a magnifying glass. No curves.

When you say holder are you referring to the strip that attaches to the magnet on the tablet?

OP
R

Ramirez

Just looked at mine under a magnifying glass. No curves.

When you say holder are you referring to the strip that attaches to the magnet on the tablet?

The opposite side of the magnet... The thing that you can use to clip the pen on the cover for instance. From there it goes slightly from rigt to left (the whole tip).

MOFO

Only way to find out is give a shot.
I'd take a set a tweezers or something first and try to straighten it out.

OP
R

Ramirez

I just ordered a new Surface Pen all together. I get the spare nibs in the same package.
If my first Surface Pen is ok after nib change, then I at least can use 2 pens in tandem with different nibs on.
Or just use one Pen as spare.

The pen function is really important to me so I don´t want to have a pen that I am not sure about if it works 100% ok or not.

And I repeatedly say to myself: "Don't let anyone touch SP4 or it's pens!"; this sentence will echo in my mind for the rest of the days of my SP4.