What's new

Is the Surface right for me? TX girl wants to know!

terryliz

Hello Surface owners! Am trying to decide if the Surface RT is right for me. I'm looking to replace my Nook Color and have a lot of epub files I would sideload. Also would like to use Zinio as my library offers several free magazines. Any thoughts?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Sounds to me like the Surface RT is right up your alley. It certainly will do what you need and more.

Note that we removed your other post as it was a duplicate.

smalltowngirl13

Hello and welcome to the forum...I would find a local retail store (if possible) and get some hands on time as well - good luck!

OP
T

terryliz

Have had my Surface RT for a few days now and I love it!! The Nook and Zinio apps work great and since I already had Windows 8.1 on my desktop computer, the Surface has been a snap to use. Love my new toy!

jrioux

Have had my Surface RT for a few days now and I love it!! The Nook and Zinio apps work great and since I already had Windows 8.1 on my desktop computer, the Surface has been a snap to use. Love my new toy!

That's great to hear. I've got a Nook HD+ and iPad 2, as well as an RT, and my wife has a Nook Color, HD and HD+. If I'd seen your post earlier, the only thing I would have warned you about is that the RT weighs quite a bit more than all the Nooks.

The RT is a fabulous tablet and a reasonably good laptop substitute with its keyboard.