What's new

Is the Urban Amor Gear Case for the Surface Pro 4 any good?

vxm

I have SP3 case from UAG: overall impression- sturdy, well built if slightly heavy. I do not like the stand- lower edge of case is not very good at supporting the stand (very thin bezel around type cover port), so it bends when you apply force on tablet (like holding hand on it which happens frequently when I'm using pen).

OP
M

MCube74

Thanks for your input. Wondering if the new case for Surface Pro 4 is an improvement over the case for the Surface Pro 3

I sent my UAG back for a refund and got the leather folder deal they sell in best buy. The UAG is snazzy but realistically it doesn't appear to do much for the keyboard or screen should you choose not to get a protector. The leather one in Best Buy has a little kickstand, bumpers for each corner, with the actual leather case extending just a little bit more past the bumpers. This offers more than enough protection if dropped I would think. One common thing that annoys me with all cases is the lack of a place to put your keyboard when you go to tab mode. I'm riggin something on mine to handle that when it's not in use...but I tinker with $hit so it's fun.

Thanks for your input. Wondering if the new case for Surface Pro 4 is an improvement over the case for the Surface Pro 3
Does anyone have or tried the Urban Armor Gear Case for the Surface Pro 4?
Surface Pro 4 Cases | Rugged, Slim, Protection by UAG ? URBAN ARMOR GEAR

I am thinking of getting the Cobalt model for myself.

Rugged, Slim, Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Case | UAG ? URBAN ARMOR GEAR

Any comments on this case? Is it a good case?
made a comment below about the UAG case. I sent mine back.

OP
M

MCube74

I see. I want a bumper case which which will protector my Surface Pro 4 when my 4 year old daughter decides to play with my Surface Pro 4. She enjoyed drawing with my the Surface Pro 2 and I am sure she will also enjoy the Surface Pro 4.

I already have a glass screen protector but I am concerned if the UAG Coblat case will have any issues with the glass screen protector. I don't want to have unnecessary air bubbles.

phil47

I love mine. Cobalt blue in fact. Snug fit and plenty of protection. Feels good in hand and allows for lots of flexibility with tilt angles. When you lift the case empty, you realize it really doesn't weigh much at all. Power adapter plug fits nicely in both directions. I actually prefer the tight fit of the stylus holder on top. With the type cover closed, I feel very confident with the level of protection it offers.

Only downside I found was the fact I had to remove the case to add the microsd card as that's the only slot not accessible.

OP
M

MCube74

I love mine. Cobalt blue in fact. Snug fit and plenty of protection. Feels good in hand and allows for lots of flexibility with tilt angles. When you lift the case empty, you realize it really doesn't weigh much at all. Power adapter plug fits nicely in both directions. I actually prefer the tight fit of the stylus holder on top. With the type cover closed, I feel very confident with the level of protection it offers.

Only downside I found was the fact I had to remove the case to add the microsd card as that's the only slot not accessible.
Thanks for your feedback. At last a positive review. I also am leaning towards getting it because I want a bumper case with good protection without the keyboard installed. Then the Keyboard cover will add extra protection when traveling.

Do you think I will have issues with my glass screen protector installed ?

Is it very snug? Especially around the screen area?

phil47

They designed it very well so it only covers maybe 1-2mm of the screen. In fact, it doesn't cover most of the bottom of the screen to allow the type cover access. I don't think it will be much of a problem for most screen protectors as long as they're reasonably case friendly.

OP
M

MCube74

I see. Thanks for the input. In order to not have to remove the case, I will just put the 200gb microSD card before installing the case.

I see. Thanks for the input. In order to not have to remove the case, I will just put the 200gb microSD card before installing the case.

I'm waiting on the Incipio cases for the SP4 to be released and for reviews of them. I too was looking at urban armour, but the kick stand didn't seem terribly balanced from reviews I have read as it's a little short (the incipio lets you still use the original kick stand.) But still, I think you're not going to go wrong if you get the Urban Armour.

Although, beware! On my trawling of the internet I have found a small, but significant % of people saying that the Armour case actually cracked their SP3 screen because it was too tight. It was also mentioned in every professional review how tight it was (only as observations, not as negative points). Take from that what you will :).

OP
M

MCube74

You are giving me a scare. I just ordered mine today and you are mentioning about screen being cracked. You mentioned about the Sp3 case so may be the SP4 case is better?