What's new

Is there a low battery notification?

Marco

I have had my surface power down twice because I have completely drained the battery.
I don't get any notification about the battery getting low before it turns off. I know there is the battery icon and in the desktop, putting the cursor over the icon will show the percentage remaining, but is there anyway to get a notification that the battery is getting low?

I can't believe that there is no warning message, but I don't think I accidentally turned any notification message off.
Also I can't believe that tablet & phone makers haven't figured out that we like to see the percentage remaining on the battery level indicator. I've gotten add-ons for this on my last 2 phones and hopefully someone will make this for the Surface as well.

archapacman

Don't know if you can change the setting here for the low battery notification, but you can definitely change what low percentage for "shutting off"

Go to desktop -> battery -> more power options -> (you can add power options!) advance settings -> battery

8146467081_4ce7ed9486_b.jpg

timack

I definitely want to see us be able to pin the battery meter to the metro screen without having to slide the charms bar to see it. And I would like to see a percentage in the symbol too. Maybe someone will write an app for it soon.

whyjoe

I don't understand why the notification doesn't show. It certainly does in Windows 8 (Pro, not RT) on my laptop (uh, I see it quite frequently.) If this is an RT issue, it will need an update fast. Being surprised by a shutdown SUCKS.

rssatl

I have had my surface power down twice because I have completely drained the battery.
I don't get any notification about the battery getting low before it turns off. I know there is the battery icon and in the desktop, putting the cursor over the icon will show the percentage remaining, but is there anyway to get a notification that the battery is getting low?

I can't believe that there is no warning message, but I don't think I accidentally turned any notification message off.
Also I can't believe that tablet & phone makers haven't figured out that we like to see the percentage remaining on the battery level indicator. I've gotten add-ons for this on my last 2 phones and hopefully someone will make this for the Surface as well.
Surface does apparently NOT have Notification for battery. You may download a small add-in App from the Windows Store - Pure Battery Analytics which has a small indicator that can change colors also.