What's new

Is there a manufacturer that makes a similar looking dock and external hard drive?

CrippsCorner

There are two things I still need to get for my Surface. A USB 3.0 dock so I can use my monitor, keyboard and mouse, and an external hard drive for my media.

Looked around many different websites today, and it seems no one makes a pair that look similar! I mean, I've got a gorgeous looking Surface, and I want my accessories on my desktop to look just as good. Probably the best USB dock I've seen is from Fujitsu...

Fujitsu%20PR08.jpg

Sorry if I'm taking OCD too far
smile.png
but if anyone knows of a brand, let me know!

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Well I'm trying to get two made by the same company, that look the same... but decent single suggestions anyway.

mitchellvii

Well if you are OCD you are going to HATE the fat a** USB 3.0 cord that goes with these things. It is like the Transatlantic Cable sticking out of the side of your Surface. That and it is usually bright blue which is completely lacking in subtlety.

One of the negatives of the Surface having its ports on the screen and not the keyboard is that anything you plug in sort of hangs there like a cow in a tutu.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Yeah, I understand that.

I know it's not ideal, but I guess it's what we have to put up with for the time being. I was considering perhaps not using a dock at all and just using the mini display port or whatever it's called... thing is atm I do have a USB keyboard, mouse and printer. And I'm always using USB sticks. I don't want to have to compromise too much.