What's new

Is there a problem with the recent windows updates?

nnthemperor

Hey guys. I've had to reset my SP3 twice in two days because of a bad update that hangs the device. So I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the March, 10th updates. I'm kinda wary of installing any of the 82 updates including FW that is pending after my just concluded reset.
My SP3 had been running smoothly ever since I bought it last year. It's the i3 version.

Me Me

I had the same issue. Update and then it froze 4-5 times over the next day or so. Cleared up after that and it was the first time it froze up.

leeshor

I think it was established that the last update took some time to do a malicious software scan and reindex. The reports seem to indicate that patience pays off.

hoschilo

Same here. My Surface was completely unusable after the last update. Now back to Windows 8.1 with working Pen button to do instant notes at Desktop OneNote. I'm just wondering where the Advantage of Windows 10 is hidden - I have no clue. So goodbye maybe will join later..at least have enjoyed some nice Desktop Pictures ;-)

leeshor

I;m not certain what you expect from a pre-release product. You need to be willing to accept some issue and deficiencies on some systems, with some mixes of other software. If you aren't adventurous don't bother with Win10 yet.

hoschilo

Absolutely right and I would be willing to resinstall from scratch even twice a week. However what tried to express is that for me I didn't find enough improvements to justify "acceptance of issues". The use of the technical preview is a one way information exchange without any feedback to the "testers" what is the purpose or use of our daily support to MS.

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

I;m not certain what you expect from a pre-release product. You need to be willing to accept some issue and deficiencies on some systems, with some mixes of other software. If you aren't adventurous don't bother with Win10 yet.

I'm on 8.1