What's new

Is there a way to not show a specific picture in the modern app tile?

mitchellvii

Let me ask this again, WHY do you want your image program to be a live tile? It obviously causes lots of problems for you, what GOOD does it do? Just turn it off, problem solved. You are going through all of this just for some silly useless eye candy?

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Why use Metro at all? It looks pretty... Microsoft have made a UI for us to look at, and I want to use it to it's full capacity, but unfortunately it seems like that's going to be an issue. But, for your information, I have turned it off for now, as I can't be bothered to try and resolve this for the time being!

DOS

Let me ask this again, WHY do you want your image program to be a live tile? It obviously causes lots of problems for you, what GOOD does it do? Just turn it off, problem solved. You are going through all of this just for some silly useless eye candy?

Because... it's there.

ArnoldC

Hi, got some drawings (not rude ones lol) but none the less, I don't want them showing on the app tile. I've tried making them 'hidden' but alas they still show up... is there a way to hide them as such?

You can turn off shuffle, but it's an all-or-nothing setting. It would have been better if like in Windows Phone 8, what I put in the Favorites are what's displayed.

DOS

So is the garbage disposal but I don't stick my hand in it.

Well there's your problem... it's a GARBAGE disposal, not a HAND disposal. See that's what happens when you don't read the directions.

I bet you have trouble running Windows 8 with a mouse too... ;)

mitchellvii

Well there's your problem... it's a GARBAGE disposal, not a HAND disposal. See that's what happens when you don't read the directions.

I bet you have trouble running Windows 8 with a mouse too... ;)

You are right, they aren't the same. A garbage disposal actually serves a practical purpose.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

You're missing the point mitchellvii... the Metro icon is there to show you pictures, and that's what I want it to do. The garbage disposal is not meant for hands. If it wasn't disposing of garbage, then you might be on to something!

pallentx

Its not that hard. Do you hang art on your walls at home? It serves no functional purpose, but people like things to be pleasing to look at. Android has photo slideshow gadgets, Windows 7 has one for your desktop. Some people buy little LCD photo frame things for their desk. People like to see their pictures on display. Well, some people like to see their pictures... except THOSE pictures... no, don't want to see those :LOL: