What's new

is there a way to reach the quick access menu without mouse or keyboard?

Knubblo

Hi,

Can I reach the system utilities menu / quick access menu without a mouse or keyboard? With the mouse I can just go to the lower left corner and click to get that powerful menu. How do I reach it when I do not have my keyboard or mouse with me? is there a gesture available?

Kind regards
Knubblo

DungeonShredder

are you talking about the charm menu with search share start devices and settings?
to get to it I put my finger on the right side bezel ie the black border around the screen and slide my finger to the left

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OP said Lower Left Corner, which is the Start Button, if you right click on that you get a pseudo Start Menu.

OP
K

Knubblo

Ok. Tried it. Nothing happens. Would be good to reach the quick access menu without keyboard or mouse.
Hmmm. Ok it works, but just on desktop mode. Thanks. Cannot believe I did not try that, dooh!

Last edited:

Arizona Willie

In desktop mode in Windows 8.1 I can simply hold on the lower left corner with my finger and a big menu comes up which is the same I get using Cntrl-X on the keyboard either screenboard or actual keyboard.

Hi,

Can I reach the system utilities menu / quick access menu without a mouse or keyboard? With the mouse I can just go to the lower left corner and click to get that powerful menu. How do I reach it when I do not have my keyboard or mouse with me? is there a gesture available?

Kind regards
Knubblo