What's new

Is there any app for...

kristalsoldier

Hi all,

I know this must be a long shot, but I wonder if there is any reference/ bibliography software like Zotero or EndNote etc. for the RT platform? There are some paid and free web solutions (they look good, but I have never tried them), but I would like to avoid web-based solutions for the moment because sometimes I travel (for significant periods of time) to places where there is not net connection and connecting using my phone's 3G is expensive and, at best, spotty.

I am not really holding my breath, but one never knows, right???

Btw, on my Win 8 Pro desktop, I use Zotero, which is not too bad - at least its better than my experience of EndNote.

If there was a reason I could think of even considering the Surface Pro, this would be it! In every other respect, I prefer the RT. And, yes, I have now had the opportunity to spend some time using the Pro...not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

tksurface

Go to the EndNote Suggestion forum and ask for them to make a Modern Windows 8 and RT app as a reference PDF viewer. It won't work with Office RT until Microsoft changes the plug-in restriction (hoping with Tegra K1 ARM processors). At least they could make an Ipad-like app that allows you to view the PDFs, sync, add new references, etc.