What's new

Is this amount of battery wear a lot for just 12 cycles?

chekhonte

A bit on battery one but your main battery is currently better than it's design capacity.

N8Ql5UU.png

chekhonte

Did the previous one this morning. Did another one now and it's giving very different numbers. I wouldn't sweat it. However SB2 is determining capacity isn't very accurate.

OP
macmee

macmee

Did the previous one this morning. Did another one now and it's giving very different numbers. I wouldn't sweat it. However SB2 is determining capacity isn't very accurate.

Yeah I don't know :( I took it in to the MS store though anyway since I was having a lot of trouble getting it to charge. They ran a diagnostic tool on it and it failed the one related to power/battery or something.

I take impeccable care of my electronics and I can't think of what I did (if anything) to cause the unit not to charge, or the battery to wear out so quickly. They gave me a replacement unit since I was within a year of purchasing (thankfully) and I'm hoping to have better luck with this one.

The annoying thing to me is, what if it stopped being able to charge 1 year after buying it? Would I have lost $3,500?

chekhonte

Mine fails that too diagnostic too. Ug, perhaps I should take it to the MS store. I don't know why I'm complaining, the Seattle store has always been a good experience for me.

EDIT: noticed a bit of discoloration, presumably oxidation on one of the pin on the charging cable. Scraped it and it passes.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know :( I took it in to the MS store though anyway since I was having a lot of trouble getting it to charge. They ran a diagnostic tool on it and it failed the one related to power/battery or something.

I take impeccable care of my electronics and I can't think of what I did (if anything) to cause the unit not to charge, or the battery to wear out so quickly. They gave me a replacement unit since I was within a year of purchasing (thankfully) and I'm hoping to have better luck with this one.

The annoying thing to me is, what if it stopped being able to charge 1 year after buying it? Would I have lost $3,500?

Don't worry, they would gladly offer you $400 or so for the device to use toward a newer device lol... That's what I was quoted when inquiring about replacing/upgrading my Performance Base i7 16GB to a Book 2, ugh, no thanks! Glad I opted for the complete warranty so I have an extra year to replace/upgrade the device when it acts up.