What's new

Issue With On Screen Keyboard

d31dk

Hi,

After i rebooted the other day, my on screen keyboard is giving me some problems.
When i use IE (Modern UI) and i choose the address field the keyboard pops up, but it covers the address field so i'm unable to see what i'm typing.
It also happens when i'm using bing or Google when i want to type, the keyboard Blocks the view of the field to type in text.

Before it worked fine, by moving the "txt field" up, so i could see what i was typing.

Any ideas? I have tried switching between diffrent on screen keyboards etc, but i cannot make it Work like before :(

-------
To moderator - maybe you can move this to the "help" section? I can't find a way to delete it, so i could re-create.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
You should just be able to touch the area above the keyboard and drag it up or down so you can see the field in question.

OP
D

d31dk

Unfortunetly it's not working - have tried, and just now verified that i cannot "drag" the screen up, so i can see what i'm typing in the address field.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Can you drag the key board itself to a lower position? It should be able to move around but then you will lose the bottom row of keys or the side keys depending on where you drag it. Of course this isn't the best solution but may work if you just need to briefly see the field. For example you could move the keyboard out of the way touch in the field you need and then move the keyboard back so you can see all the keys and enter your text.

ArnoldC

You cannot drag the web page up anymore if it's not "long" enough. So, I just position the marker on the text input and type away.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

OP
D

d31dk

I cannot "detach" the keyboard and drag it around

@ArnoldC i do that sometimes, but when i do a typo its a Little unhandy. I can hide and unhide the keyboard to look, but a very slow way to do Things.

I must have done something in the settings somewhere, because it used to Work, and it seems like im the only one with the problem?

I appreciate your help, and will keep digging for a solution
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

ArnoldC

Ideally, the on-screen keyboard should "push" the text input up and become visible.

It also happens most of the time on my Windows Phone 8 and Board Express. When I reply to posts in this forum, I can't see the textbox as it is covered by the keyboard, so I close the keyboard, tap on the textbox again, and now it is "pushed" up and becomes visible when the on-screen keyboard appears.

Heino

AW: Issue with on screen keyboard

Hi,

After i rebooted the other day, my on screen keyboard is giving me some problems.
When i use IE (Modern UI) and i choose the address field the keyboard pops up, but it covers the address field so i'm unable to see what i'm typing.
It also happens when i'm using bing or Google when i want to type, the keyboard Blocks the view of the field to type in text.

Before it worked fine, by moving the "txt field" up, so i could see what i was typing.

Any ideas? I have tried switching between diffrent on screen keyboards etc, but i cannot make it Work like before :(

-------
To moderator - maybe you can move this to the "help" section? I can't find a way to delete it, so i could re-create.

I had exactly the same issue. I couldn't see the address line where you enter the http links when the keyboard was shown. My only solution was to do a refresh recovery where none of my data was erased. Takes about an hour though.

OP
D

d31dk

I had exactly the same issue. I couldn't see the address line where you enter the http links when the keyboard was shown. My only solution was to do a refresh recovery where none of my data was erased. Takes about an hour though.

Thank you for the reply - does this change anything in regards to installed apps etc?
Just want to be sure before i try it out :)

ArnoldC

Refresh is a few minutes, and will preserve settings and reinstall apps.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express