What's new

Issues with hibernating and battery report

Financials

The sleepstudy should show the activators, but it's still not amazingly helpful.

CPU C0 TimeProcessor 100% 1:52:02
USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller (\_SB.PCI0.XHC)Fx Device 1% 0:00:44
Disk drive (\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT0)Fx Device 0% 0:00:10
Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network ControllerNetworking 0% 0:00:06
Low Power PhasePDC Phase 0% 0:00:05

Nothing under activators, just CPU C0 time is red.

The other 5-6 entries are normal with 0-1% per hour.

OP
A

abcefg

Here is an update of last night's session, which changed from what the previous one.
3.png

Liam2349

I posted before about my sleep issues, where I would lose large amounts of battery in sleep sessions throughout the day and overnight. One day the device would behave, the next it would not, the next it would, so on and so forth. The device always followed this strict pattern.

I had a theory that shutting the device down every night would reset this cycle to day 1, where the device behaves, and my theory has proven 90% true. Over the last three days, I've been testing this theory, and it works well. By shutting the device down at night, I no longer lose large amount of battery in sleep sessions throughout the day, and 90% of my CS sessions are now green, whereas before they were all red/orange.

If you're having similar issues, I recommend you try this out and hopefully it will also work for you.

OP
A

abcefg

Hi, thanks for responding.

I have tried uninstalling Skype to see if that might make a difference. I had some strange issue last night where my Surface restarted due to some error (livecom.exe). I figure that desktop Skype might be an issue so will be giving that a go.

If that doesn't work, might need to try your tip or doing a refresh. I just had a bad experience last time I had to do one, but that was for the Surface RT.

OP
A

abcefg

Just an update, I have tried to do a refresh of the PC which has not helped matters. Perhaps it was early days, but last night this was the output of the Sleepstudy:

7.png