What's new

It was a good run...

Plantje

I'm not really convinced. For tablets perhaps.... When it comes to phones I'll be switching to Android as well. I've had it.
When it comes to tablets: The Galaxy Tab S3 with LTE and S pen sure looks nice! If there will be a nice Windows tablet that's light and supports LTE, active pen input and a Type Cover with a screen size of maximum 10.8" I'm all in. But as it looks now they're only looking at 12" and up....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not really convinced. For tablets perhaps.... When it comes to phones I'll be switching to Android as well. I've had it.
When it comes to tablets: The Galaxy Tab S3 with LTE and S pen sure looks nice! If there will be a nice Windows tablet that's light and supports LTE, active pen input and a Type Cover with a screen size of maximum 10.8" I'm all in. But as it looks now they're only looking at 12" and up....
I'm hoping the 10.6" SM-W627 is worthy
Samsung SM-W627 10.6-Inch Windows 10 Tablet (2-In-1) Leaks
The leak says nothing about the CPU used in this device

I'm totally disappointed so far that all the clone makers have released are mostly low end 10.1 devices with x3 or x5-Z8350 Atom chips, you'd think one would have the balls to use the X7-Z8750 and try to make an S3 replacement. This looks like a tactic to wring every dollar out of a dead product lineup based on Atom SoCs. I guess next year they will release devices based on the X5-Z8550 and X7-Z8750 which by then will be old technology entering it's 4th year. It's no wonder the PC market is collapsing when they treat customers this way.

Plantje

Yes! The 10.6" version is exactly what I am looking for! Now for a Galaxy S8 as my phone and then a 10.6" Galaxy Book with LTE and the whole bunch. Would be really nice if I can get a refund from Microsoft for my Surface 3 (once the Galaxy Book is available of course)

Strange though: the Galaxy Book 10.6" will be 0.2 mm thicker than a Surface 3 and even somewhat heavier. Still it is already mentioned as feeling more like a tablet.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes! The 10.6" version is exactly what I am looking for! Now for a Galaxy S8 as my phone and then a 10.6" Galaxy Book with LTE and the whole bunch. Would be really nice if I can get a refund from Microsoft for my Surface 3 (once the Galaxy Book is available of course)

Strange though: the Galaxy Book 10.6" will be 0.2 mm thicker than a Surface 3 and even somewhat heavier. Still it is already mentioned as feeling more like a tablet.
I think the heat envelope is driving the thickness... it will be interesting to see the reviews on this... hopefully it's all good. ;)