What's new

Its Here!!!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So I had to rush home from work today because I had 3 Surface Pro 2's and 3 Touch and Type Cover 2's sitting in front of my apartment.... all of the are save, configuring now:

BTW - These are very fast (Office 2013 Pro Plus took under 5 minutes to install, not click to run but the complete install)

Model is 256/8 had around 210GB of free space... more to come

WP_20131021_003.jpgWP_20131021_005.jpgWP_20131021_007.jpgWP_20131021_008.jpgWP_20131021_009.jpg

mitchellvii

Nice, getting new technology is always so fun.

Does the screen seem noticeably better color wise? Personally I think the colors on the Original SP were just fine.

I'm most curious about the backlit type cover.

** One thing you should notice is that the magnetic connectors are supposed to me much stronger now and won't fall off as easily.

Last edited:
OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, getting new technology is always so fun.

Does the screen seem noticeably better color wise? Personally I think the colors on the Original SP were just fine.

I'm most curious about the backlit type cover.

Colors are great, legacy apps look a bit fuzzy still, need to adjust the DPI.

oion

Hey, hey.

I expect nothing short of 4300 words per device with multiple performance graphs, temperature readings, and a daily log of actual usage broken down by hours. Footnotes are preferable over endnotes. One-inch margins and 11 pt serif font, single-space, APA style. Due 72 hours after you touch the shipping box(es).

I think 72 hours is very generous a deadline, by the way. ;)

@Kristalsoldier: The photo you're talking about just wasn't color adjusted. Look at the other photo with the covers still in their boxes. It's black.

Edit: Wait, THREE? But you got only one free, right? WTF, man!

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, hey.

I think 72 hours is very generous a deadline, by the way. ;)

@Kristalsoldier: The photo you're talking about just wasn't color adjusted. Look at the other photo with the covers still in their boxes. It's black.

Edit: Wait, THREE? But you got only one free, right? WTF, man!

One for each of us, as we all were part of the Launch :) and all of us we'll be used for marketing purposes...

demandarin

Now jnj is the leader of one of the most technically advanced families on the planet..haha. Bill gates don't even have that many Surfaces... lol

The reviews shouldn't take him long really because he can have different benchmarks and stuff running on each pro. Talk about multitasking... lol

Damn, you make me want to order me a new pro and just give mines to my woman. I feel the urge coming..smh

TeknoBlast

damn, just left at the front of your apartment. I would be pissed. When my Surface RT was delivered, they left a note stating to pick it up at the depot. Glad no one took the box.

oion

One for each of us, as we all were part of the Launch :) and all of us we'll be used for marketing purposes...

Oh, okay. Whew. And I thought you were, like, positively insane and freakishly rich. Congratulations on all the shinies, by the way. Are you expecting three free Surface 2s as well? (Gah.)

I definitely hate it when certain couriers--only certain, and sometimes it varies by the driver!--leave stuff at my door instead of handing it to the manager's office. But most of the time they're good about it (leaving at the office). So I'm not too worried... mostly.