What's new

It's that time of the month again

CynanX

In case this hasn't been mentioned yet, this update does replace the Intel display driver and dimming/brightness issues comes back :( Just off to reinstall the Intel drivers now..

CynanX

OR, use the official drivers to not reduce your battery life, and apply the fix I found:
Color Banding and dynamic contrast FIX (I made a fix) - Windows Phone Central Forums
Works very well for me, and no issue with the Feburary firmware update, nor having Windows poke me about installing any drivers or firmware to replace it.

Thank you so much for this link. I'd been meaning to dig through the registry and find the exact keys that the Intel drivers Control Panel changed, but until now hadn't gotten around to it.

The two keys specifically that Intel's Control Panel changes when turning off the power saving mode on battery are: -

"DCUserPreferencePolicy"=dword:00020000
"PowerDcPolicy"=dword:055e045c

Now I can run the default drivers and not have the brightness/dimming issue :)

GoodBytes

Let me know how it works out for you. Once I get a few more feedback, and by which I hope I'll get by the time I finish my mid term. I'll do a software for a 1-cliock on/off solution for people, which will be greatly easier for everyone.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure it will be pushed out in the future. My understanding is that this driver is targeted at Enterprise Customers.

wditters

I'm sure it will be pushed out in the future. My understanding is that this driver is targeted at Enterprise Customers.

The retail Intel drivers also do work fine (first install has to be manual). I already am at 15.33.14.(64.)3412 (10.18.10.3412)

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The difference between the Intel Reference Driver and these...is that these have been tested and verified to work with the Surface Pro 2 by the Engineering Team.

revmike

I installed the driver, is the graphics control panel supposed to be accessible? It's on my desktop and does nothing.