What's new

It's that time of the month again

nethead25

Anyone still waiting for the update to appear in Windows Update? I've rebooted several times and still see "No updates are available."

Should I do the manual install from the enterprise link, or does this point to a potential issue?

Edit: all the regular Windows Patch Tuesday updates came through, just nothing Surface-specific.

bluegrass

Try going to Windows Update in the Control Panel. When you go there, check to see what date is on the last updates.

nethead25

No go. Most recent updates were today, last check was after the most recent updates, and a mountain of updates were installed on 2/11/14... Just nothing related to the Surface.

Dayton

The driver 15.33.10.3368 works fine for me but I didn't run setup after reading that the CP didn't work. I installed via the Device Manager, working perfectly so far and have noticed no display anomalies.

GoodBytes

Just installed this and it caused a severe drop in color depth. DONT INSTALL THIS!

No issue here. But I think you are confusing the problem you face with Intel Dynamic Contrast feature, or renamed """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""power saver"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" on mobile devices, which is on by default when on battery.
Here is the fix that I worked on a while back: Color Banding and dynamic contrast FIX (I made a fix) - Windows Phone Central Forums
It will not cause any problem with Windows Update or firmware. Well at least on my side.