What's new

iTunes causing restart

Tech707

I just recently picked up my 128 GB Pro. I put all my old music onto a microSD and go it into iTunes on my new pro with no issues. Now every time that I try to sync my iPod my Pro shows a blue screen saying it has to restart. It happens every single time I try to sync. Has anyone run across this same issue? How do I go about fixing this?

ArnoldC

I've heard of such stories, a friend of mine is cursing Windows 8 because of this. Ironically, I don't have a problem. I have two iPods that I sync (automatically, or manually) every week.

My iTunes is 64-bit *and* previous version from the current. I have not installed the new iTunes because it may be the issue. Perhaps I'll set up a test machine just to test this.

Nuspieds

As of this writing, I'm using the latest version of iTunes (11.0.2) and I haven't had any issues, even with previous versions.

leeshor

My guess is that you could be having a problem with the SD card. Syncing is going to require accessing the SD card so if there is a problem with it it is going to create an issue that could cause a restart.

ArnoldC

The OP can validate that by moving the Music files back to default, then sync.

To the OP, how is your experience playing those files in the microSD with iTunes?

OP
T

Tech707

Well first off it seems I can't respond to a post here unless I have a keyboard cover plugged in. The music plays absolutely fine no issues instant start up. I have around 10-12GB of music so I would prefer to keep it on the card so I don't waste space, but I guess I can always put it on the computer itself if I have to.

Sin

For the forum, in order to keep the on-screen keyboard on, you either need to add the forum to the compatibility list or you can change go to Settings - General Settings - Message Editor Interface and set it to Enhanced. Hope this helps.

OP
T

Tech707

I transferred my music to the local iTunes folder. Still had no luck so I transferred everything back to the card. I spoke with the Surface support and they told me it was an Apple issue and that I should speak with them

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Itunes under Win8 has been given me serious pain - 4 out of 5 times it crashes whiles starting and 1 out of 6 times i doesn't recognize my iPod. No updates fixed this yet.

ArnoldC

Itunes under Win8 has been given me serious pain - 4 out of 5 times it crashes whiles starting and 1 out of 6 times i doesn't recognize my iPod. No updates fixed this yet.

My friend shares your pain, and blames it all to Windows 8.