What's new

iTunes HD Video Stutter on New Surface Pro?

MPScan

I have had my Surface for a couple weeks. I have maybe five apps installed and maybe two other programs, that is it. One is the most recent version of iTunes 64-bit downloaded directly from apple.com.

When I go to watch TV shows downloaded to the hard drive from the iTunes store (not streaming), I get a stutter. It starts fine, then after a minute the audio gets more and more out of sync with the video, then after a few minutes the video itself starts to jump frames.

I know the tablet is powerful enough, but I can't figure out why with stock software (iTunes right from Apple) and other minimal applications running that the video won't play correctly.

Anyone else experience this? Thoughts?

revmike

It would be my guess that the problem is windows 8. Have you searched the internet?
Here is one I found.
I just bought an HD movie on iTunes, and much to my chagrin, I wasn’t able to watch it. The video was OK, but the audio was out of sync, and constantly stuttering.

Here’s the solution:
1.Control Panel -> Sound
2.Right click the speakers you’re using, hit “properties”.
3.Click the “advanced” tab.
4.Choose “24-bit 44100Hz”

Mine was set to 19200Hz, and that was the problem!

Last edited:
OP
M

MPScan

Unfortunately, I did search and stumbled upon that same solution. Switched mine to 24-bit 44100Hz, and still have the issue. :(