What's new

itunes to micro sd

mohcho

No, just your iTunes media folder.

For those who have the iTunes media folder hosted on a cloud solution, what happens when you open iTunes while NOT connected? From what I understand, it will create a new local iTunes library and media folder and be blank. I have my wife's iTunes setup with her library on our home server so when she forgets to turn it on, and she imports media into her iTunes, it saves it locally and then I have to consolidate the files and library. It's a PITA dealing with iTunes.

BillJ

Make the OneDrive folder containing iTunes media "offline" on your device. If you make any amendments to those files while off-line, synchronization will take place once WiFi is reconnected.
You do have to make the OneDrive location your default for iTunes in the advances preferences area of the program.

daniielrp

No, just your iTunes media folder.

For those who have the iTunes media folder hosted on a cloud solution, what happens when you open iTunes while NOT connected? From what I understand, it will create a new local iTunes library and media folder and be blank. I have my wife's iTunes setup with her library on our home server so when she forgets to turn it on, and she imports media into her iTunes, it saves it locally and then I have to consolidate the files and library. It's a PITA dealing with iTunes.

Couldn't you just discard this blank library and then point iTunes at the correct one?

mohcho

Couldn't you just discard this blank library and then point iTunes at the correct one?

When she imports a CD, it updates her local library and saves the imported media onto her laptop, so the library file on her laptop is NOT empty anymore.

OP
P

Paul_66

We have a problem !!

I tried to copy from the mac after formatting the micro sd to exfat on my surface.

I then copied the itunes media library and it took about an hour or so.

When i pit it in the Surface it says its empty , so i put it back in the mac and it says the same , obviously .

Cant work out why thers nothing there ?

Thanks guys

r0b123

So when you opened up iTunes, you remembered to double-click when opening? you should have seen this window which you can then point to your library off your SD card.

upload_2015-1-22_12-37-39.png

OP
P

Paul_66

yes thats what we saw, then we scrolled down to D: drive where the SD card is located and clicked on it but no files at all were showing. I put the sd card back in the mac and it seems no files were saved on the card despite being told it had copied all the files across.

Last edited:

daniielrp

yes thats what we saw, then we scrolled down to D: drive where the SD card is located and clicked on it but no files at all were showing. I put the sd card back in the mac and it seems no files were saved on the card despite being told it had copied all the files across.
Hhhhm, that seems strange. If you right click> Get info on the mac or right click> properties on Windows does it shown any space taken up on the card?

OP
P

Paul_66

It showed it as empty but we had another go and it seemed to have worked ! will have a look at the weekend and try it. Looks ok so far so thankyou all.

OP
P

Paul_66

All looking good. Paired up my headphones tonight and all seems well.

Lack of an equaliser is rather annoying though!!

silkrooster

It took me a few tries to get the media and library to stay on the sd card. I found that one of the library files is required on the C: drive so that ITunes knows that the media is on the D: drive. Other wise it will copy the media back to the C: drive.

OP
P

Paul_66

Oh dear. You reckon i could have problems down the line ? Do you know what file needs to be on the hard drive ?

I have only put the media files on the sd card and all the rest is on the hard drive so hopefully that will be ok.