What's new

Iyour windows update working? 0x80070643

OP
S

starstreak

Nuspieds- I tried that and it found errors that it couldn't correct. I did a WIPE of my computer. :( Starting from new windows. Now this is interesting. All the updates installed. But I have only one profile. When I go into safe mode, it says I can't use it with the builtin admin account.

And now, my security for the laptop won't let me into windows. I setup my face/thumbprint/password/pin. Windows Hello sees my face and welcomes me, then says my password is incorrect. Same for thumbprint/pin. Only way I can login is with password. Even though all the others welcomes me into windows only to stop and say password is incorrect.

UPDATE: K, I guess it didn't like the order I did it. I redid all the security. Password, PIN, face, then thumbprint. Now it works. go figure. Now to spend hours in restoring.

Last edited:

Nuspieds

Yes, it is common for sfc to report that it could not fix all issues, so don't dwell on that.

Are you able to get into Safe mode with your account? And network connectivity now works?

Regarding Windows Hello, just delete and re-setup. It doesn't recognize you because that's part Hello security, I'm sure. I use a third-party app to do my system backups and when I restore, Hello also gives me the same "error" and I have to login using my password or PIN. This makes sense because consider if your device is changing ownership: When the new owner refreshes or restores from his/her own third-party backup, Hello should not let the previous owner login to the device, even though the face is recognized.

So, what I do is I just delete and re-add my face recognition whenever I do a system restore.

mikedyce

The following update was released on December 4th and it generates the error:

• Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) - Error 0x80070643​

Search the internet and you'll find that so many people are experiencing the issue that it is obviously a bug that MS needs to fix. If you're brave and/or wish to have all updates installed even if there are known bugs, here's a reference that could help you:

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) - Error 0x80070643
I had this error on my Surface 4 but not on my other 2 windows 10 PCs.

Solved the install by running the suggested administrator cmd method suggested elsewhere.

Mike.

OP
S

starstreak

Can anybody else here with one login to their SP4, try safe mode with networking and tell me if they get an error in safe mode and if the wifi is off?