What's new

jittery BT mouse when BT keyboard connected

sparkydave1981

Hi All,

Ive come here to ask a question that seems to be asked a lot without any solution. I have an i7 SP3 and have been using a bluetooth mouse just fine for months. If I then connect a bluetooth keyboard, the mouse movement becomes very jittery although both still work. This jitter stops immediately if I disconnect the keyboard.

Both the mouse and keyboard have new batteries and I have checked that there are no exclamation marks against anything in device manager. I have tried to update the drivers for both in device manager but simply get told that the best drivers are already installed.

Can anyone please help with a solution for this?

Cheers,

Dave

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also can you indicate if your wifi is on 2.4 ghz band or 5ghz band.
It might work better if your WiFi were on 5ghz as 2.4 ghz wifi and BT operate on the same spectrum which may be conflicting.

OP
S

sparkydave1981

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The keyboard is a "Hub IT" model LK-5-590B and the mouse is some no-name thing I bought on ebay for about $5...

Where I am at the moment I have no control over the wifi and I believe it is 2.4ghz. When I get home in 10 days I'll be able to see how things go on my 5ghz wifi.

TunaSurface

Yes, my bluetooth mouse starts lagging when connecting to another bluetooth device. Solution would be great.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't regularly use Bluetooth devices because of these issues but I have a couple somewhere though, I'll have to hunt for them... :) However, I have a BT 4.0 USB adaptor to test performance with although haven't gotten around to it yet. They are fairly cheap if anyone wants to give it a go. I'm not planning on acquiring a $200 speaker to test with, maybe a 30-40 dollar one. :) This would help determine if the issue is just a BT limit or related to the Marvell chip/Surface implementation.

Can anyone confirm if the Bose Soundlink or any other BT device they're using has the "+HS" logo on it which would indicate "High Speed" otherwise it's 3Mbps max/2.1Mbps practical or slower.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can confirm that using a Bluetooth keyboard with a Bluetooth Speaker connected is in an understated optimistic view, suboptimal. In other words, unusable. At first glance I didn't see any performance metrics showing up anywhere to see what was what. Once I had the Speaker paired you could see a blue light flashing and I can attest that I was not doing this at K-Mart. :)

Edit. There might be an issue with my BT keyboard. Tested with a Logitech Touch Mouse t630 and this is working fine. Music and mouse no apparent issues.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update... I switched Keyboards and now have Music playing on BT Speaker, typing this with BT Keyboard, and using BT mouse with no issues.