What's new

July 16 WiFi Firmware Update

I haven't received it yet but I'm worried that it might mess up the good thing that I've got going. The last firmware fixed my issues.

Mark Mazzetti

just spoke to a top MS exec who said there is no specific time to announce for the firmware update to show up today. She said, "just keep checking..."

ipaq_101

Just got the update...at work there is no difference is speed still at 54mbps...true test will be at home where it is always limited to 11mbps.

BillJ

Just did the update. My completely unscientific study (N=1) shows my internet speed to be about 40% faster than before.

upload_2014-7-16_13-40-18.png

kristalsoldier

Just got mine and installed it. I can't say that I can complain with what the situation was before, so I think I will need to see what difference this system update has made.

Ok I couldn't wait. I downloaded the update but did a few speed tests before and after. Definitely an improvement and now it's consistent with the speeds that I'm getting on my phone at work. I ran two tests before and two tests after just to be sure:

The two before:

upload_2014-7-16_15-1-50.png

upload_2014-7-16_15-4-20.png

Two After:

upload_2014-7-16_15-5-19.png

upload_2014-7-16_15-5-56.png

cjsacksteder

Just installed it. It did NOT fix the 'Limited' WiFi issue for me.

I just now installed the hardware update too, but I did not have a reliable way to reproduce the 'Limited' WiFi issue. Thought it might be sleep / resume, but did that many times yesterday and did have the problem, which plagued me to no end on Monday. Do you have a way to reproduce the problem?