What's new

July 16 WiFi Firmware Update

kontrol1

Question to those who are having issues still,

Full reset. No changes made. Bad on 07/16 driver.

2.5Ghz 72Mbps or less and stable (so far). 5Ghz: connects but limited connectivity issue.

Fine on 7/8 driver

(Hi jnjroach, would you please ask about the color banding also if you get a chance. This is their flagship device with the flagship OS.)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Seneleron

Man you should invest in your router.

. . .

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC66R/

Works great with my desktop and both of our notebooks, and everyone's phone. . .

heck, my desktop gets 544Mbps from the EXACT SAME LOCATION, and it's rockin' the incredibly mediocre intel 7260. Of course, i have SETTINGS I can tweak with that one. . .

Seriously tho, as soon as it's released I'm thinking about upgrading to the 6 antenna version. Just for the lulz

OP
W

WorldIRC

So basically, when coming out of sleep, my SP2 will be in Limited Connectivity mode for about 30 seconds, but automatically recover itself.

Connection is typically 250-300Mbps with my router.

Seneleron

With Hyper-V disabled I don't get the limited issue. With it enabled, I get it every single time.

72/144 2.5/5Ghz. I wonder if it has something to do with the router chipsets, or if MS pushed several different patches to test several different possible fixes? The only other thing I can think of is that one of the antenna wires is disconnected internally...

wynand32

Just to provide a quick update on my experience, my SP3 still suffers from the failure to auto-connect to a network on waking from sleep and occasionally the "no adapter found" issue requiring a reboot. I've never had the performance issue, but obviously the 7/16 update didn't fix the underlying issues.

OP
W

WorldIRC

So when I wake from sleep, the 10-15 seconds of "limited" seems to be a delay in the WiFi realizing the SP3 is awake and that it should search for WiFi. It self-resolves, but also doesn't happen on 2.4

diamond.g

Just to provide a quick update on my experience, my SP3 still suffers from the failure to auto-connect to a network on waking from sleep and occasionally the "no adapter found" issue requiring a reboot. I've never had the performance issue, but obviously the 7/16 update didn't fix the underlying issues.
Just a tip, when you see "no adapter found" you can go into device manager and scan for hardware changes. That will bring your WLAN adapter back with no need for a reboot.

scottysize

So, I received the update yesterday. Went ahead and installed it. Let the computer sleep over night, but plugged in and it wouldn't wake up this morning. I had to push the power button several, several, several times. WTH? I usually have to push the power button twice to wake it up when on battery, but it's always been responsive when plugged in. Anyone else having issues coming out of sleep mode after the update?

Odyssey

I had one instance when it wouldn't wake up from sleep. Usually pressing down both the power button and volume-up for a few seconds will turn it on if this happens. Hasn't happened again