What's new

Junk Items Not Highlighted in Outlook 2013RT

Geraint

Probably the most simplest of problems, but I cannot find the answer. Under 'Home' then delete section, my junk item is not highlighted and wont allow me access to configure. All the help files are helpful if only I could access the icon.
Thank you

Geraint
Wales, UK

daniielrp

Probably the most simplest of problems, but I cannot find the answer. Under 'Home' then delete section, my junk item is not highlighted and wont allow me access to configure. All the help files are helpful if only I could access the icon.
Thank you

Geraint
Wales, UK

What sort of account are you using? You might need to configure or map the folder separately.

Just to check though, do you mean that the button cannot be clicked, so you can't send any items to the junk folder?

OP
G

Geraint

The button cannot be clicked, it is a pale colour compared to the others with a no entry sign attached to it. I am afraid I don't understand the part about the account I am using

daniielrp

The button cannot be clicked, it is a pale colour compared to the others with a no entry sign attached to it. I am afraid I don't understand the part about the account I am using

Well most accounts can be classified as POP3, IMAP or Exchange and it will normally tell you the account type in your Account settings page in Outlook. Sometime you specifically need to tell outlook where the Junk folder is located on your mail provider's server, otherwise you will not be able to send things to junk.