What's new

Just got a Sp3, cant get the firmware update

blue13x

Basically got the i7 SP3, downloads everything from Windows Update, except for the firmware.

Tried resetting, tried download the image and than using it an external drive to flash the image.

The same thing happens: firmware downloads at 41% no activity nothing.
How can this happen even after flashing the system image? Faulty unit and send back?

I was all excited about this thing, but if this is whats to expect from a 1600+ system I might just ask for my money back.

anyone had this?

kundas1

Basically got the i7 SP3, downloads everything from Windows Update, except for the firmware.

Tried resetting, tried download the image and than using it an external drive to flash the image.

The same thing happens: firmware downloads at 41% no activity nothing.
How can this happen even after flashing the system image? Faulty unit and send back?

I was all excited about this thing, but if this is whats to expect from a 1600+ system I might just ask for my money back.

anyone had this?

Why do you automatically blame the SP3? It could be the servers are over loaded and so your having trouble with windows update? Or it could be some other reason... I wouldn't be so fast to blame the SP3 and congrats on your new device, I'm sure once this is sorted out you wont regret your purchase...

OP
B

blue13x

Why do you automatically blame the SP3? It could be the servers are over loaded and so your having trouble with windows update? Or it could be some other reason... I wouldn't be so fast to blame the SP3 and congrats on your new device, I'm sure once this is sorted out you wont regret your purchase...
all updates install just fine. except for the firmware.
Download hangs at 41% for the firmware. Even after a reset, twice.

$1600+, so far a lot of headache.

kundas1

a lot of headache for just 1 update? really?! lol does it impact your usage or LIFE at all? are you not able to do all there is to do with it? I don't think this Firmware will really ruin the fun with your tablet unless it is un-usable. Perhaps maybe you don't even need the update which is why it isn't letting you install it... but to let 1 update ruin your experience with a great device is a little puerile let alone impatient

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure your keyboard is connected. If you have a docking station, connect that, too.

ptrkhh

Which reset did you try?
If it was factory reset (Change PC Setting/Recovery/Remove everything and reinstall Windows), you could try once again, although I think it wouldnt help, I just hope Im wrong. Otherwise, I would recommend to ask for replacement unit.
If it was another reset (Windows Update reset, Refresh Windows, etc, etc), try the factory reset I mentioned earlier.

OP
B

blue13x

Which reset did you try?
If it was factory reset (Change PC Setting/Recovery/Remove everything and reinstall Windows), you could try once again, although I think it wouldnt help, I just hope Im wrong. Otherwise, I would recommend to ask for replacement unit.
If it was another reset (Windows Update reset, Refresh Windows, etc, etc), try the factory reset I mentioned earlier.
Did the reset (factory) 3 times, same result. System was returned.

Wil buy it again, because its such beautiful system and the speed of the i7, very impressive.