What's new

Just got a Surface 2

EddieG

Hi from NJ! My wife bought me a Surface 2 and Type cover 2 today. Looking forward to learning all about it. I know one of the things I wanted to do it does not (Cisco IPsec with group name and password) but I'll live. I had a Surface RT for a few weeks and returned it when I found out the 2 was coming out. I have used iPad for years but it just never worked with my day to day PC life as an IT Manager. Hopefully this will serve me better. I will say this type cover is AWESOME!! I look forward to learning and participating here!

Eddie

demandarin

Hi from NJ! My wife bought me a Surface 2 and Type cover 2 today. Looking forward to learning all about it. I know one of the things I wanted to do it does not (Cisco IPsec with group name and password) but I'll live. I had a Surface RT for a few weeks and returned it when I found out the 2 was coming out. I have used iPad for years but it just never worked with my day to day PC life as an IT Manager. Hopefully this will serve me better. I will say this type cover is AWESOME!! I look forward to learning and participating here!

Eddie

Welcome aboard. The tablet should serve you well. Make sure to put it through the paces.

beman39

welcome, bout time an IT made the smart move LOL :wink: you should be able to put it through its paces!

hypokondriak

Eddie does your company have Citrix infrastructure running? There is a Receiver app in Windows Store (although I believe it still has a bug if you are not using multi factor auth)or you can also connect using the HTML5 browser via IE and the Citrix Storefront server. It isn't as great as having apps installed, but Citrix is a nice advantage to the here and there needs you have for Windows desktop apps.

This is actually a big reason why I switched from the Pro 1 to the S2. I have my own Citrix infrastructure running so I get the advantages of the Surface 2 weight / size, with an even more powerful desktop option when needed (8 core 16 GB allocated to my Citrix server).

Last edited: