What's new

Just got mine: help with PDF and pen

medfrequency

I just got my new surface pro 3 and I'm stoked!

Just a couple questions:

1) when I double click the pen, it doesn't go to one none l note. What do I do?

2) any good PDF programs where I can just open the PDF file and start highlighting and marking it up like a book? (I don't want to have to open the PDF in word and have it converted, THEN I can highlight). I just want to open PDF and start writing.

1) Go into bluetooth settings a repair it. Unpair it first than repair it. Sometimes it gets glitchy. (pairing it is holding down the purple button for 8 seconds while bluetooth is on.)
You might have to restart your computer.
2) Drawboard pdf is the best one but its 10 dollars right now and is a bit too pricey. Adobe reader sucks because its laggy and the native reader app is decent but limited.

Guys, is drawboard less resource intensive than reader. Because reader does heat the device up.

OP
medfrequency

medfrequency

Sweet.

Any free ones? Lol

-what chord do I need to transfer files from laptop to sp3?
-any programs for"compiled HTML Help file"?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet.

Any free ones? Lol

Not ones that work well....Drawboard PDF is even worth the price at $15 but often it goes for $9 or even $5....

You can try PDF Touch (may not be free any more), Annotate 101, Soda PDF and I believe Foxit has one now as well...

malberttoo

USB flash drive, or micro SD card. :D Or wireless share if you're saavy that way.

You just spent all that money on the SP3. The $10 for Drawboard won't break your bank, it's a value at that.