What's new

Just got mine: help with PDF and pen

phositadc

I just got my new surface pro 3 and I'm stoked!

Just a couple questions:

1) when I double click the pen, it doesn't go to one none l note. What do I do?

2) any good PDF programs where I can just open the PDF file and start highlighting and marking it up like a book? (I don't want to have to open the PDF in word and have it converted, THEN I can highlight). I just want to open PDF and start writing.

Did you get the pen to work yet? If not, search this forum. There's a particular Windows Update that you may have to install manually to get it to work, but it would take me as long to find it as it would take you....

OP
medfrequency

medfrequency

I haven't gotten the pen to work yet :(
the single click function works (opens one note)
The double click function still wont work :(

HvT

yes, double click takes a screenshot into ON. Single click opens ON with a blank note.
If that does not work, remove your Surface Pen from known Bluetooth devices in settings and pair it again. I had the same in the very beginning.

Sassi

Yeah the clicks need to be very close together, you may be leaving too much time between clicks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Double Click thing, it is very finicky if using with extended monitors, also when you double click the screen turns semi-transparent white and then you use the pen to lasso what you want to grab, if you hit any key on the keyboard or mouse click the screen disappears....