What's new

Just Got My Surface RT! Have Questions on Connecting Other Devices

technogeek

SAM_0180.JPGSAM_0181.JPGSAM_0182.JPG

Also I'm trying to get it so it can recognize my windows 7 computer. It has Bluetooth, but shouldn't it just recognize it through the wifi/home network? Also how can I install google chrome or any other apps to the live tiles?? thanks in advance for the help:D

OP
T

technogeek

Hopefully they'll change that like they did with the chrome being on the apple store. Also know of any good calendars? I deleted the messager and now that deleted my calendar, I had to use my hotmail account which I had since I was 15!:mad::(

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Google has stated publically that they will not support Windows 8/RT or Phone 8 as it isn't in their best interest with Android and Chrome poised to make a run at Microsoft on the Client. It looks like Google wants to be the next Linux-esque Client OS to go down in flames...

OP
T

technogeek

Wow I love google and now I am sad, that google thinks they they're going to be like apple and derail other companies. One that is as big as microsoft where, still a majority of the laptops, desktops and now some tablets are using. Seriously google, don't be as ignorant as Apple!!!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You can run Chrome in an x86 machine, they just won't release a Modern UI version of it, so no RT or Phone 8.

ArnoldC

Also I'm trying to get it so it can recognize my windows 7 computer. It has Bluetooth, but shouldn't it just recognize it through the wifi/home network? <snip>

My RT can see my Windows 7 Homegroup, can play music and video from the notebook using the built-in apps.

HD_Dude

Wow I love google and now I am sad, that google thinks they they're going to be like apple and derail other companies. One that is as big as microsoft where, still a majority of the laptops, desktops and now some tablets are using. Seriously google, don't be as ignorant as Apple!!!

Don't be too sad, my friend. Chrome in Windows 8 good, but not great. It's possible to scroll up and down with your finger, but it can't resize with a pinch...something just you can do with Chrome on any other tablet. Other than that, it works.

IE is a much more user-friendly experience on the Surface. Quite a surprise, since I've been a Chrome guy ever since it came out years ago.