What's new

Just ordered Dell Venue 11 Pro (64GB) for $434!!

chatterbot

The 64GB version of the Dell Venue 11 Pro (Z3770 CPU with 2GB RAM) was on sale yesterday on Amazon and I snapped it up for $434 (being released in December)!! It is no longer on sale, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger. Apparently, it also comes with MS Office, but I'm not sure. Regardless, I think it's a great deal. I was hesitant to order it since it's a new device with no reviews. However, I've been closely monitoring the reviews of the Dell Venue 8 Pro and they are great. My assumption is that the 11 Pro will be just as good for its category.

The Z3770 Bay Trail is a game changer. The tablet will likely get 8 to 10 hrs of battery life and be at least as powerful as the Tegra 4, but slightly less so in graphics. I'm not gaming anyway though. But, the tablet also has full Windows 8.1. I'm also interested in this tablet because it has a thin keyboard dock that can extend the battery. I think the extra weight when I travel is worth the battery extension. It will also be easier to use on the lap with the keyboard dock. The floppy keyboard covers are nice but are less functional and are of lower build quality. It's a tough call since it adds weight. But when I'm in tablet mode I can just remove the keyboard. When I'm traveling I probably need it more as a laptop anyway.

I wanted it with 4GB of RAM but apparently those won't come out until next year (with windows 64 bit on Bay trail CPU). I didn't feel like waiting.

So this device is less than half the price of the Surface Pro 2, gets better battery life, and may come with MS Office. Since I don't need the power of the i5 it was practically a no-brainer to purchase the Venue 11 Pro.

oion

Ah, I see. Except you're not. In one line you mention Tegra 4 but in another you compare to Surface Pro in price and battery life, so which is it? It's not a very good comparison when you pick and choose components to compare among different products; that's not entirely truthful/honest (too early in the morning, not sure which word to use here). You have to look at a device as a proper gestalt. (Is it plastic? Build quality has a lot to do with pricing, faults aside.)

Also, if the screen size is above (what was it, 8"?) and it has full Windows, it's not going to have Office. Most likely a trial version the way the Surface Pro has.

Last edited:

sillyrabbitt123

Nice that sounds great! I was all set to buy another unit an RT but I couldnt really figure out how to make the RT a host for streaming so i went ahead and bought an ASUS T100T 32GB got a coupon and bought the thing for $300. Its insane for what I need it to do. Surf, office, some media playing. incredible. fast, smooth, no lag. for me and my need for it i am very happy. its by no means powerhouse!
i love SP2 for that! and this thing comes with a free typing dock. got the best of everything now!

good luck with the dell it sounds great too

Last edited:
The thing is, GPU performance isn't exclusively for gaming. Windows uses it for rendering a lot of things, be it webpages, videos, the OS itself...it's not all CPU dependent.

demandarin

I know thee 8in. Dell comes with office. Not so sure about the 11in. One. I think the Asus is the better deal between that and dell 11. As Asus comes with office and free keyboard dock. And it costs less(depending on what storage size you get).

Charlie

The 64GB version of the Dell Venue 11 Pro (Z3770 CPU with 2GB RAM) was on sale yesterday on Amazon and I snapped it up for $434 (being released in December)!! It is no longer on sale, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger. I was hesitant to order it since it's a new device with no reviews.

The last device I bought from Dell was discontinued in less then a year (Dell Due), what a waste of money that was ($900 bucks).

Personally, I would have been a little hesitant to jump on that band wagon. I use to be a big fan of Dell until they pulled that little stunt.

CrippsCorner

Also, if the screen size is above (what was it, 8"?) and it has full Windows, it's not going to have Office. Most likely a trial version the way the Surface Pro has.

The Dell Venue 8 Pro comes with full Windows and Office for free...

Johntxk

You are talking about the extra weight of a keyboard. It is kind of amazing how we all seem to forget how heavy laptops were just a few year ago. I have an old Dell Inspiron with a 13" screen and 30 gig hard drive. At the time it was as small as I could get but now it feels like a cinderblock.

I'm very curious as to how the Bay Trail chip performs. I'm on a Surface Pro 1 now but will be upgrading in the spring if for now other reason than battery life.