What's new

Just ordered SP3 i5 4GB for 850€, is it a good deal?

Ramirez

Hello all! Been awhile. I've been working with my SP2 with 64GB internal storage for awhile. I have hit that point when the storage space is too little. Now when the SP4 is out, is the SP3 i5 with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage for 850€ a good deal (brand new)?
I don't need the latest and greatest, just a good SP that I can work with for awhile. From where I ordered they had 8 still in stock. I hit the button on one. Should I keep the order or cancel it?
What is really the difference between an SP4 m3 and an SP3 i5?

The SP4 m3 is as far as I could go now moneywize. In my country the SP4 m3 goes for around 1000€.

OP
R

Ramirez

SP3 i5 for 850€ is a bad deal in my opinion.

Thanks for your input!
I just ordered and paid through internet bank for one SP4 with m3 processor (as far as I can go). And also the new type cover in black.
I'll cancel the SP3, the payment method was by bill so I don't need to wait for money to be repaid.

I hope I did the right thing now... Or should I cancel this order as well?

OP
R

Ramirez

Depends. Which country are you from and are you a student?

I'm from Finland. The second SP4 I see in our stores here is the i5 8GB version, it goes for somewhere around 1400-1500€. I don't want to finance it, so around 1000€ + the type cover is as far as I could go for a onetime payment.

But I've watched some YouTube videos about SP4 m3 and it seems quite fast. I'm not going to do much gaming on it. It will be mainly my work 2 in 1. I teach so I use alot of OneNote. Some photo editing. I'll probably do some light video editing on the field. My main video editing machine is a 27 inch iMac, so the SP4 will only be preparing some videoclips that will end up in the iMac for final editing.
From what I've seen the m3 seems fast enough. And right now its my only possibility into the SP4 fold. As I said, I don't have much room left on my 64GB SP2.