What's new

Just Picked Up Surface Pro 3 - Any Way to Set Up Push Notifications for Office 365?

pentaxis

Hello! Just picked up a Surface Pro 3 and love it. I had a couple of quick questions though.

1. I installed Office 365 Premium. Is there any way to set up email and calendar push notifications?
2. Can I have the default calendar app integrate and show events that are sheduled via Outlook 2013? Thats basically the only calendar I use, but the calendar app is very friendly.

I'm sure I will have more over time. Both of these questions probably are handled the same way with a Surface Pro or Surface Pro 2, so I figured someone might know the answers.

Cheers,

-Paul

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Setup the same account in the Mail App as Outlook and you will get your notifications.....

OP
P

pentaxis

Thanks for the quick reply! Nice. I just want to make sure that the Mail App doesn't actually sync email as it wouldn't make sense to have 2 copies of everything downloaded. I use Outlook 2013 for work.

Found out the Calendar App does have the ability to sync with Exchange in the settings, so that is dialed in.

Edit: Looks like after setting the Calendar App up to sync with Exchange, it works with the Mail App too. Sorted! Thanks again.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Mail App will, but you can control how much....I use both the Mail App and Outlook. I use Outlook while working and the Modern UI for the weekend and off hours....