What's new

Just received Office 2013 RT Final update

billfraley

I searched and didn't find anything on this. I just received the Final release of Office on my Surface via Windows Update. Anyone else? I thought it was supposed to be released in November.

BillJ

I just had a windows update today- my Office programs still call themselves "previews"

alpha0ero

I searched and didn't find anything on this. I just received the Final release of Office on my Surface via Windows Update. Anyone else? I thought it was supposed to be released in November.

I just updated my Office RT preview to the full version through windows update also.

OP
B

billfraley

I definitely feel good about the Surface and Microsoft updates. I forgot to mention it only seemed to show up when I ran Windows Update in desktop mode.

cjnyc

problems typing?

Is anyone else having problems in Word where he screen can't keep up with your typing? I'm not the fastest typist either. Try editing a Word doc with many elements. Seems like either the RAM is falling short or the programming still has a ways to go. Very disappointing. Yes, I've updated to the final release.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Is anyone else having problems in Word where he screen can't keep up with your typing? I'm not the fastest typist either. Try editing a Word doc with many elements. Seems like either the RAM is falling short or the programming still has a ways to go. Very disappointing. Yes, I've updated to the final release.

Many of the reviews have cited this issue. It seems to be an issue either with Word or with text entry in the Desktop mode. Apparently the issue isn't as bad if you are doing text entry in an app launched from start for example.

Beiderbecke

Quick question -- do the updates fix the issue with sharing Word documents by e-mail? Big disappoint so far in not being able to attach Word documents in the Mail app or e-mail docs directly from Office Word.

cjnyc

No, this issue has not gone away with the update. When editing a complex document, typing lag makes it unusable in the Print View. If I switch to the Web View, it alleviates the issue, mostly, but there is still some lag. Very disappointing.