What's new

KB 2911106 - Optional update?

MickeyLittle

Last edited:

jollywombat

Nothing in it is really critical, its a rollup update that encompasses many other small KB's for anything from windows RT through server 2012.

bluegrass

Has anybody got any updates that show they are from 2014 when they look in the update history. I get updates fro Defender & Personal Dictionary every day and after they say they have successfully installed, I don't see and for 2014 in the history.

mennogreg

Has anybody got any updates that show they are from 2014 when they look in the update history. I get updates fro Defender & Personal Dictionary every day and after they say they have successfully installed, I don't see and for 2014 in the history.

The Super Patch Tuesday updates\Malicious Removal Tool are all listed as 2014 on mine.

jrapdx

The Super Patch Tuesday updates\Malicious Removal Tool are all listed as 2014 on mine.

Yes indeed. My SP2 lists total of 35 updates since 1-14-2014. This computer is a replacement for the one I'd bought last month that was bit by the infamous Firmware Update Disease, so many of the 1-14 updates were "old" ones going back a few months.

Makes sense that "mileage may vary" when it comes to updates.

medenney

I'm having the same problem. I just installed the January 2014 KB2911106 update, and my history doesn't show any updates since Dec. 11, 2013. The keyboard that pops up for my PIN changed to the numeric keypad as opposed to the full keyboard, so it seems like something actually installed even if I can't see it in the update history.

Update: Thanks to the wpcentral forum I have learned that all the updates display when you go to Windows Update via the Control Panel. They don't display past 2013 if you go to the update history via Settings on the Modern UI.

Last edited:

olimjj

Alternately: Desktop IE, Tools ,Windows Update, View update history, provides all the updates and their success status.

bluegrass

It's a bug in the OS. I've had the same thing happening for the past few weeks. You can verify that they are installed if you go to the Control Panel and select Windows Update.