What's new

Solved KB3105210 Update Killed Windows Hello

markbyrn

So right after the subject Windows update installed this evening, Windows Hello completely failed and would not recognize me and 'improve recognition' failed as well; silently failed as it vainly tried to recognize a face. Rolling back the update fixed the problem - sigh-.

Anybody else have this issue and any advice for what should I do besides disabling automatic updates and using hide tool (already done).

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
When I updated to 10586 Thursday, 5 November 2015, Hello was broken until I finally did a full power off and reboot. I tried to re-register my face, as you did, before the reboot. Afterwards, everything was fine.

OP
markbyrn

markbyrn

Thanks for the response. I had already tried your suggestion to power off and reboot; that didn't do the trick. But since you mentioned not having problems, I decided to try the update again but this time, I turned the Windows Hello feature off before I installed the update. After re-installing the update and turning Windows Hello back on, it worked.

flar

FWIW, that update installed on my i7 SB a couple of days ago (11/5). I don't remember any Hello issues, but I have rebooted since then and presently Hello is working just fine for me...