What's new

Keyboard taking ages to become active in Web browser

uktivo

Hi.
Recently everytime I use the Web browser (mostly chrome but also happens in ie) when I touch the search box to start typing it's taking anything between 10/20 seconds for the keyboard to be come usable.
Has anyone had this issue? If so, how was it fixed please?
Thanks.

Toni Mathias

Mine does not even pop up anymore... is there a fix for this? I believe it used to work but now I have to always click the keyboard button to bring it up, any fix for this?

OP
U

uktivo

Mine does not even pop up anymore... is there a fix for this? I believe it used to work but now I have to always click the keyboard button to bring it up, any fix for this?
Hi Toni.
I think you may suffer from the same issue as myself. If you click in the browser search box and wait a while the keyboard will eventually pop up, we'll mine does anyway but that can take sometimes 20 seconds.

Toni Mathias

Mine does not pop up at all. This is very frustrating at times. It used to pop up automatically when I got the surface, wonder what changed? I also have to hide the keyboard after typing too.

kundas1

umm I have never been able to bring up the keyboard automatically when filling things on the net, you have to bring up the keyboard manually... the SP2/3 never had that function...