What's new

lag pinch zoom

musicus

Hello,

i tested an i5 4gb in a store today and 2 finger pinch zoom at a ~2 MB test picture was a bit laggy. Not too much, but far away from instant/"live". On the other side, zooming with keyboard shortcuts is no problem as on almost every average pc.

I'd like to know, if the i7/hd 5000 is significant faster at these "touch navigation things".

By the way... is cpu or gpu power necessary for fluid pinch zoom in Win8?

nilsk123

Hello,

i tested an i5 4gb in a store today and 2 finger pinch zoom at a ~2 MB test picture was a bit laggy. Not too much, but far away from instant/"live". On the other side, zooming with keyboard shortcuts is no problem as on almost every average pc.

I'd like to know, if the i7/hd 5000 is significant faster at these "touch navigation things".

By the way... is cpu or gpu power necessary for fluid pinch zoom in Win8?

pinch to zoom on my i5 is as smooth and instant as it could possibly get

OP
M

musicus

pinch to zoom on my i5 is as smooth and instant as it could possibly get
Ok, maybe the test devices aren't that reliable, but the picture was 2 MB and i want to handle a lot bigger files smoothly.

Maybe it was the standard Microsoft photo viewer?

kundas1

yes maybe the screen was dirty and wasn't registering the finger movement properly? on my devise its smooth and fast as possibly can...

malberttoo

Also who know what has been installed by passersby and is running in the background. Demo machines are always a laughable mess, usually, unless they are restored every night. I believe the Apple store does to their devices when the store closes at night.