What's new

Laggy game from the store

kundas1

Game might be a badly coded port over to the MS store - god knows it's going to sell more being on the Apple app store so that version is probably better optimized. Is your SP3 throttling due to temperature? Worst case scenario get one of those portable USB fans and aim it at the top-right part of your SP3.

my money is on bad porting also... like I said the OP has the same device as me and I can play games with no problems!

Zog1971

i have i5 4gb version ...
It does seem odd to me that this game won't play on the i5 4gb. To the OP, I would maybe change the title of this thread to, Does your i5 4gb SP3 run Rayman Fiesta Run? Then maybe you can get more folks who have your same device to let you know if it runs for them. I think it would be interesting to hear from more people since my i7 is playing the game without a problem.

madapo

I have another laptop ultrabook touchscreen Asus Vivobook S400CA with intel HD 4000 and 8 gb ram and i5 but this game working perfect.
I don't think the problem is 4 or 8 gb ram but the tablet performance because my Surface pro 3 is i3.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would download and try on my own to see if it is a unique case, but my internet doesn't exist.

It does sound odd that there are apps on the store that can't run properly on this hardware. Seems that other than the SP line, there is no other market for the windows store than low power tablets and phones, hence me wondering if it is just something wrong with your machine. Given some of the games i've played quite happily, i cant see why the rayman game wouldn't run well for hardware reasons. Seems to me it is software related.
Any PC with Windows 8x can access Apps in the Windows Store from the weakest to highest performance workstations.

Bold with lots of exclamation points ... a distinct signature ...

Review of the game indicates its got performance problems
http://m.wpcentral.com/rayman-fiesta-run-review

kundas1

yes even if you read all the feed back people are complaining its slow on the RT AND i5... so again the SP3 is being blamed for bad coding/ porting and optimization... ;)