What's new

Laptop Lounging almost anywhere with the Surface Pro 2!

rushdown

I have an unlimited Verizon data plan + tethering + a surface pro 2 and I just LOVE it. I laptop lounge almost everywhere with this combo. I love how the Surface Pro 2's battery life lasts longer than the Surface Pro 1.

What are some of the places you guys have lounged at with your Surface Pros?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Apple Store. Waiting for an iPhone warranty replacement. Excellent WiFi speed and courteous staff. :p

Last edited:

kristalsoldier

Airports, cafes, bars, living room, bedroom, on aircraft, in trains...thus far! (my device is a Surface 2, btw, not a Pro-class machine).

OP
R

rushdown

So far I've only lounged in hookah bars, bookstores, restaurants, coffee shops..I expect my list to grow since I take my SP2 with me almost everywhere I go!

Deckyon

I take it a lot of places with me. I generally now take it with me wherever. I travel with it and my iPad and the required cables. (went over that in other threads). If I am working on images or such on the SP2, I will use the iPad for surfing or playing movies/shows.

mohcho

So glad I picked up an SP2. I went to a conference all day long today and I used it to take notes. Worked like a champ and battery life only got down to 73%. My old laptop wouldn't have lasted more than a few hours tops.

mtalinm

yep. and if the surface 3 pro gets thinner an lighter then it'll be the perfect machine (still a bit slabby)

kristalsoldier

yep. and if the surface 3 pro gets thinner an lighter then it'll be the perfect machine (still a bit slabby)

This is something that I am also looking forward to. If the Surface Pro3 is (1) lighter in weight (2) has better battery life and (3) has a thinner profile, I would probably opt for it - though not having the Connected Standby mode would be a bit problematic, but not necessarily so.

The key for me is the battery life (I don't want to pair it with the Power Cover).

Dim-Ize

This is something that I am also looking forward to. If the Surface Pro3 is (1) lighter in weight (2) has better battery life and (3) has a thinner profile, I would probably opt for it - though not having the Connected Standby mode would be a bit problematic, but not necessarily so.

The key for me is the battery life (I don't want to pair it with the Power Cover).

Agreed. I very much hope it has same peripheral connection to maintain that investment, but it has the three items you listed: less weight, thinner form factor, better battery life. I would buy on day one. Better GPU performance would be nice, but I rarely find myself pushing mine that hard.

As a tablet only, it does get rather heavy after a bit, IMO.

mtalinm

nah, battery life is fine now. just making it thinner and lighter. maybe kill the non-Pro surface.

of course they will sell this off along with Nokia and maybe Xbox. methinks SAtya wants it to be a SOFTWARE company again

kevinlevrone

For Surface Pro 3 I would like a larger screen and thinner bezels, but the same overall dimensions (of course, thinner would be better).
I think they could go up 1/2 inch to 1 inch in screen size without any problem, while keeping the current width and height (using some palm rejection logic to help with the thinner bezels).

If the screen is still 10.6" I can see no reason to upgrade, it's pretty much perfect as it is (at least for me).