What's new

Large dmp files when waking up from sleep

Tom Gullette

When I wake up my new SP 2017 I5, 8G, 256 it sometimes gives me an alert from CCleaner saying over 1 gig files can be erased. These are DripsWatchdog-20180805-1335.dmp and are usually around 1.3 to 1.6 GB in size. I do not have it set to hibernate only sleep when closing the lid. It doesn't happen every time but usually after a day or maybe two of not waking. Is this normal?

OP
T

Tom Gullette

Thanks and upon checking I see there have been several and they are all labeled Hardware Error. When checking details it reports LiveKernalEvent Code 15f. Googling that and most report it after BSOD but I've never had that, just after waking up from sleep after several hours.

Sometimes BSOD doesn't even show up especially when waking up from hibernate. It would just be like a regular windows boot, but the memory dump had been created right after it started waking up.

OP
T

Tom Gullette

Hmm, was not aware of that. Another possibility, I think I may caused it by unplugging a device from the USB port while it was either sleeping or maybe hibernated. Will not do that for awhile and see if it stops the mem dumps.