What's new

Late Intro and FORUM SUGGESTIONS

oion

I suppose I'll do a brief and very late intro to keep this a bit more "on topic" to this subforum.

My first laptop was the Fujitsu Lifebook P-2040, an early Transmeta ultramobile laptop with modular bay (2nd battery, DVD/CD drive, weight saver) and the smallest 2-spindle laptop in the world at the time. How times have changed. :p I went onto the 3rd gen P-7120 and also have a Samsung Series 7 Slate and Acer Iconia-something laying around that I need to sell.

I've been active on many different forums from tech (like Leog.net, which was a Fujitsu P-Series specific forum that eventually added other sections due to popularity, but the owner had to shut it down from hackers/spammers) to gaming forums. My favorite social site is Ask.Metafilter.

I heard about the Surface last year but decided to wait a bit and didn't get my RT until early this year; it's worked out great for my needs, which is basically MS Office+web and a few app games on the side. After the 2nd gen announcements, I weighed my options and decided to upgrade, so I preordered (and will need to sell my RT). So about the forum suggestions:

• Consolidate all the branded subforums into "Windows Tablet General Discussion." The other ones are so pitifully barren that it honestly looks bad. Especially with the domain name and title being SURFACE, people aren't going to wander in here expecting a lot of discussion about other brands anyway.
  • Add a "for sale" section with a giant legal disclaimer, so users can link to eBay or post directly.

hypokondriak

I suppose I'll do a brief and very late intro to keep this a bit more "on topic" to this subforum.

My first laptop was the Fujitsu Lifebook P-2040, an early Transmeta ultramobile laptop with modular bay (2nd battery, DVD/CD drive, weight saver) and the smallest 2-spindle laptop in the world at the time. How times have changed. :p I went onto the 3rd gen P-7120 and also have a Samsung Series 7 Slate and Acer Iconia-something laying around that I need to sell.

I've been active on many different forums from tech (like Leog.net, which was a Fujitsu P-Series specific forum that eventually added other sections due to popularity, but the owner had to shut it down from hackers/spammers) to gaming forums. My favorite social site is Ask.Metafilter.

I heard about the Surface last year but decided to wait a bit and didn't get my RT until early this year; it's worked out great for my needs, which is basically MS Office+web and a few app games on the side. After the 2nd gen announcements, I weighed my options and decided to upgrade, so I preordered (and will need to sell my RT). So about the forum suggestions:

• Consolidate all the branded subforums into "Windows Tablet General Discussion." The other ones are so pitifully barren that it honestly looks bad. Especially with the domain name and title being SURFACE, people aren't going to wander in here expecting a lot of discussion about other brands anyway.
  • Add a "for sale" section with a giant legal disclaimer, so users can link to eBay or post directly.

Hey thanks for stopping by. You know I don't even pay attention to the other forums because I always access the site through the app built for the forum in the App Store. Essentially just browse all my latest chats I haven't seen yet. It's funny how even forums are starting to evolve, but I'd generally agree with you - segmentation for the sake of segmenting probably isn't helping.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

cali

Welcome to the site. As for the For Sale idea, the Forum Foundry sites have a consolidated market place located on the Android dot net site. I do not think there have ever been any plans to have similar sections on the other sites. Have sent your ideas on to one of the admins for consideration.