What's new

Left/right swipe to nav for/back in browser

MMU

I really like the feature in IE Modern where I could swipe left/right to go to previous or next page. Is there any way I can enable that feature in MS Edge?

Also, I use my Surface in tablet mode a lot and with my SP1 the web page I was viewing would automatically scroll up when I touched a form field and the on-screen keyboard would pop-up, keeping the field I was typing in in view. My SP4 doesn't do this. Is there a setting for it?

aviluke

I really like the feature in IE Modern where I could swipe left/right to go to previous or next page. Is there any way I can enable that feature in MS Edge?

I am curious as well. I like that feature on my SP3 and I'm surprised my SP4 doesn't have it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Currently this type of navigation has been removed we may see it return in Redstone.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK if it can be done but you might try installing "TouchMe Gesture Studio" from the Store and see if that will do it.

EMINENT

I've read that the team is working on this on the reddit ama for Edge and it's really unfortunate that it's not here yet.
One of the two main things Edge needs to provide for it to really get usage along with extensions. It's too bad they're so far behind.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would it be so hard to provide a swipe down touch friendly menu like ribbon or something. That would go miles to making it Touch useable. If they do provide swipe back & forward I hope you can turn it off because to me it wasn't that good and caused more undesired page navigations than desired ones.