What's new

Less apps in Store on Surface RT

Riesjart

Hi all,

I'm fairly new on using the Surface RT, but I have a question about the number of apps that are available in the app store, when accessing the store from the Metro menu. For example, I was looking for YouTube RT, when I did a search in the store, it wasn't available. When I did a search from Internet Explorer, results were found and I was able to install without problems with a link to app.microsoft.com. Why are not all apps available in the store from RT ? When I do a search with an asterisk, only 615 apps are available. Anybody have a clue ? Regards, Richard.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome Reisjart, you need to change your region to see more apps. Additionally not all apps run on Windows RT some are Windows 8 only. You should see many more apps by changing the region though.

OP
R

Riesjart

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I tested your solution and it works fine for me.
However, I found another solution.

Enter the Store settings by swiping from the right-hand side and select Settings and then Preferences.
Change the setting 'Make it easier to find apps in my preferred languages' to No.

This gave me 32872 search results!

Thanks again,
Regards, Richard

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I tested your solution and it works fine for me.
However, I found another solution.

Enter the Store settings by swiping from the right-hand side and select Settings and then Preferences.
Change the setting 'Make it easier to find apps in my preferred languages' to No.

This gave me 32872 search results!

Thanks again,
Regards, Richard

Yes, sorry I should have been more clear. This is actually what I meant. Glad you found the solution.